You can deploy desk booking systems throughout your organization to provide flexible and activity-based workspaces, so that employees can reserve a workspace as and when they need it, to fit their work-life demands. Condeco desk booking is available in Outlook, through touch screen kiosks, on screen signage and via the mobile desk booking app.
What are the steps to using Desk Booking systems?
You can book a desk space in a variety of ways with a system like Condeco Desk Booking.
Desk Bookings in Condeco can be made in three different ways.
- You can use the quick desk search to locate a workspace on a specific date. Locate an available workspace by specifying the location, floor, and date. Booking the desk can be completed by clicking on Book Now.
- Find a desk To find a desk that is available, click on Find a Desk. Find a location, a group, and a floor using the options provided. Booking a desk is as simple as clicking Book Now for the desk you want, or clicking the Floor plan.
- You can book a desk by clicking the Booking Grid on the left-hand side menu. Choose the Location, Group, and Floor you want, then select the desired slots on the grid after you have found a workspace. Click Save & Close once you have completed the booking form.
Benefits of Desk Booking Software
Many companies use desk booking software for hot desks and hoteling, including Google, IBM, and Procter & Gamble. Here are some examples.
1. Reduction of real estate footprint
Maintaining track of the utilization capacity of a particular facility can be simplified by using an effective office desk booking application. Having such data at your fingertips will help you better manage a flexible workforce and eliminate guesswork.
Therefore, even as your employee count grows, you do not necessarily need to invest in newer offices. Instead, you could limit the number of occupants and rotate employees according to the need for optimal space utilization. By doing so, you will be able to reduce your footprint without incurring any losses.
As an example, let’s look at HSBC. The CEO of the financial giant and other senior managers recently gave up their desks in favor of hot desks. In doing so, they reduced their real estate footprint by 40%. Thanks to its desk booking software, the company will also be able to save money on leasing office spaces.
2. Reduced costs
The ease of managing a hybrid workforce is another benefit of implementing desk booking software. You can reduce incidental charges, like stationery and printer paper, as well as maintenance costs, by tracking occupancy rates regularly. You also save a lot on utility bills by having fewer employees in the office, while at the same time ensuring equitable access to resources.
A good example is EY’s Chicago office which started the office hoteling trend more than two decades ago. Because of reduced square footage, the company’s annual savings have been estimated at $47 million or more.
3. Promotes flexibility in the workplace
Your employees will have more flexibility with a desk booking system. The desk booking software allows them to easily reserve a station, even a cafeteria slot, days in advance when they have to work on-site. If they arrive at the facility, they’ll know exactly where they need to sit so they won’t be surprised by anything.
In addition, they are free to choose where and how they want to work. This creates an incredibly productive and resilient workforce. To support a flexible workforce, desk booking software is crucial. A robust system like this will also help to improve employee experiences and attract new talent.
Are the benefits of desk booking attractive to your company? If so, then you should consider implementing desk booking software. After selecting a vendor, you must then implement the solution. The implementation process can be tricky.