Work from home is a boon to employees as they can work from home and spend their time with family. But, staying at home and working right from there needs a strong internet connection. Even though you have a strong internet connection, you might not get that speed since other people in your house might be using the same internet connection to watch high quality movies and play high FPS Games.
If you are facing such a situation at home, you can prioritise the internet speed on your router. It is quite easy to do it yourself but you need to follow some instructions. Don’t worry, we are here to help you with the instructions that you have to follow.
Can I Really Prioritise the Internet Speed? Is It Really Easy?
Yeah, it is really easy until and unless you know about QOS. Full form of QOS is nothing but Quality Of Service. So, you can prioritise the quality of service based on devices, applications, games and almost anything.
Almost every router will have that QOS option for its users. In this article, we are going to show you the exact steps that you need to follow in order to set the internet speed priorities to your devices at home.
How To Prioritise Internet Speed On AT&T Wifi Router?
Let’s say you have been using at&t wireless router at your home for internet connection. We will take ATT wireless router settings to explain to you how to set quality of service (internet priority). You don’t need to worry since every router brand will have those settings. All you need to do is to find out the QOS settings, that’s it.
- Launch a web browser on your phone or pc which is in connection with your router.
- Open your router’s admin dashboard by going to 192.168.1.1 on your pc or phone. You may also enter the same ip address (192.168.1.1) in the url bar of the web browser to open up the admin panel.
- If you are not able to launch the admin panel of your router with the above mentioned ip address, try out 192.168.0.1 or any other specific router’s default gateway address. On the other hand, people who are using the att wifi box, can open attwifimanager through their web browser.
- Now, enter the login details such as the username and password, and authenticate the login.
- Search for the QOS settings under internet settings or wireless settings.
- Then, you will come across QOS settings such as QOS by device, QOS by service, QOS by LAN Port, etc.
- Let’s say you want to prioritise the internet speed by device, you can select the device and add the QOS Rule.
- Set the speed in MB and mark it from the available options such as Highest, High, Medium, Low.
This is how you can set the speed priorities. But, you need to do it every time for the newly connected devices since they aren’t configured already. In such a situation, you need to set the priorities by services such as Messenger, Gtalk, Games, etc.