Business and technology trends are rapidly changing the world. Among today’s business trends are innovative ideas that seemed unrealistic just yesterday. Virtual reality, neural networks, cybersecurity, digital transformation, and artificial intelligence are areas where attractive and disruptive ideas for startups live.
Modern entrepreneurs also benefit from such global phenomena as Industry 4.0, the transition to a circular economy, and digital transformation. Eco-ideas for business in 2022 is also in trend and can bring serious income – “green energy” and “green finance” are examples.
Virtual Reality (VR)
VR is virtual reality, a three-dimensional computer environment with which a person can interact through special gloves, a helmet, and other gadgets. Such devices make the user a part of the virtual world – he can be an observer, researcher, manipulator, or active participant in the process. There are also many entertainments built on the virtual reality system. And if you want to not only find entertainment but also make money on it, visit the platform https://rise-of-olympus-free.com/.
Today, several trends using VR for commercial purposes are gaining relevance in the world at once:
- Using VR gloves and suits to convey tactile sensations: Volkswagen van assembly training, medical conferences, safety training, patient rehabilitation, and athlete training.
- VR-technologies – a new film genre. It is quite expected that he will repeat the fate of 3D – the technology with which modern cult blockbusters are filmed.
- Remote work in a VR helmet – maximum proximity to live meetings in terms of presence and degree of involvement. Among the companies that have successfully tested this format are HP, HTC, Schlumberger, and MTS.
- Virtual clothing – the designer imposes a 3D model of the selected item on the image of the client. The latter receives a realistic photo with a “new thing” and does not spend money on purchasing clothes for one look.
- AR lenses that not only improve vision but also create a “cyber-eye”: a weather forecast is superimposed, information about objects that fall into the field of view, and messages are broadcast from instant messengers. According to experts, the novelty will appear on the market in 2-3 years.
The virtual reality market is one of the most promising for today. By 2024, its volume is expected to increase to $24.5 billion.
A neural network is a large-scale structure containing a huge amount of information for the operation of a computer program. The latter, in the course of a large number of actions, determines which sets and parameter values lead to the most optimal result. Due to a large amount of initial information, and the ability to learn, the structure was called a neural network, as it resembles the human brain with its characteristics.
How neural networks are used in business:
- Preparation of price forecasts for investment, oil and gas, and electric power companies.
- Planning the launch of a coffee shop, restaurant, or convenience store: the neural network is able to analyze a lot of data – auto traffic, average income of the residents of the quarter, age and gender characteristics, and traffic congestion. In pilot mode, the technology was used by Mcdonald’s, and the American mobile restaurant Zume Pizza.
- Modulation of sports tournaments and player actions – the technology is useful for drawing up a training plan and analyzing past matches.
- “Computer vision” in retail: just one photo of a counter is enough for the system to tell you what goods are missing, what promotions are not indicated, and where the price tags are mixed up.
- Facial recognition system: in business centers and offices – replacement of security and electronic passes, in banks and government agencies – an alternative to passports and other documents, in shops and cafes – face scanning instead of entering a PIN code when paying, presentation of goods and services specifically for requests of this client.
Fourth industrial revolution
Industry 4.0 (Fourth Industrial Revolution) is a qualitatively new approach to production based on large-scale automation of work processes, the massive introduction of innovative technologies, and the spread of artificial intelligence.
Within Industry 4.0, there are several working business ideas:
- Production of artificial meat. One of the leaders in the industry, the American company Beyond Meat, showed enviable results: sales exceeded expectations by 279 times, and the price per share increased from $25 to $235. It is expected that the value of this market segment by 2030 will increase from $4.6 to $85 in the US alone.
- Creation of “smart” clothes and “smart” shoes. Such things include built-in trackers, calorie counters, and players. Adidas and Levi’s are already releasing clothing with a built-in sensor that can call a taxi or change a song.
- Development Proteus – metal that can neither be cut nor perceptibly damaged. The material can be used for the production of protective equipment, bicycle locks, and bank vault doors.
- A tow drone from Amazon that can replace standard ski lifts. Call such a drone, you can control it using your smartphone.
- Vertical farms – growing plants indoors in artificial conditions. Aquaponics, hydroponics, and aeroponics allow you to do without soil.