Taiju Ooki, a high-school student who has harbored unspoken feelings for Yuzuriha Ogawa for five years, is ready to confess his love to her. However, a blinding green light strikes the Earth as Taiju begins his confession, terrifying everybody on Earth—turning everyone into stone. A few millennia later, Taiju awakens to find the modern world gone, as nature has sprung into bloom when humans were asleep.
One living human stands out among the stone world of statues: Taiju’s science-loving friend Senkuu, who has been active for months. Senkuu announces that he has created a grand scheme to revive civilizations with science. Taiju learns of this plan. The combined strength of Taiju and Senkuu results in a formidable partnership, and the two develop a method of reviving the petrified. But when those who awaken challenge Senkuu’s ideologies, his plan is undermined. Despite this, the reasons behind mankind’s petrification remain a mystery.
- Type: TV
- Episodes: 24
- Status: Finished Airing
- Aired: Jul 5, 2019, to Dec 13, 2019
- Premiered: Summer 2019
- Broadcast: Fridays at 22:00 (JST)
- Producers: TOHO animation, Shueisha
- Licensors: Funimation, Crunchyroll
- Studios: TMS Entertainment
- Source: Manga
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Adventure, Comedy, Shounen
- Duration: 24 min. per ep.
- Rating: PG-13 – Teens 13 or older